Looking for something?

Loading...

Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Indonesian mums might go to jail for not Breastfeeding...

What do you think of this?  A mother who declines to breastfeed her child until the age of six months could face jail unless she is unable to do so for medical reasons.
It's not law yet - but it's incredible that it's on the books at all in my opinion!
I am sure this removal of a woman's right to 'choose' will upset a lot of people.
What are your thoughts? Does bringing in such a law put the onus on the state to provide good breastfeeding support?
One would hope so! The law will also force employers to provide adequate support for breastfeeding employees.
I'd love to hear what you think about this.
Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure I posted a comment earlier and it's not there... Are they moderated before they appear or am I just mad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're going mad, but I can tell you that I haven't moderated any comments on this site! I sometimes reply if I think it's helpful though. Sorry if it didn't appear - but it must be something to do with blogger! Did you maybe put it on the facebook group instead? Maybe I'm going mad... Quite likely actually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the other hand you might be madasa.... :-O

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you, so please leave any comments or feedback below. Just a polite reminder though - if you're rude or abusive your comment will be deleted.